The media learned about Merkel’s proposal to ban Britons from entering the EU

GYermania wants to close the entry to all Britons, regardless of whether they have a COVID-19 vaccination. The reason is the high prevalence of the delta strain of coronavirus in the UK

 The media learned about Merkel's proposal to ban Britons from entering the EU

Angela Merkel

German Chancellor Angela Merkel will today propose to ban British citizens from entering EU countries due to the spread of a new delta strain of coronavirus in this country. This is reported by The Times, citing sources.

According to the publication, Germany wants to close the British entry to the EU, regardless of whether tourists have a vaccination against COVID-19. Merkel’s proposal will be discussed by senior European officials in the IPCR anti-crisis Council.

According to The Times, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Malta and Portugal will oppose the German initiative, while French President Emmanuel Macron supports mandatory quarantine for unvaccinated travelers.

A newspaper source in the British government said that Merkel looks “increasingly isolated”. Many countries, according to him, believe that they should make similar decisions on their own, and not receive them from Berlin.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, according to The Times, will meet with Merkel next Friday to try to convince her to change her position.

WHO noted on June 26 that the incidence of COVID-19 is increasing in three European countries: Russia, Great Britain and Portugal. The head of the British Ministry of Health, Matt Hancock, said in June that 91% of new cases in the country are infections of the delta variant of the coronavirus.

According to the latest data, the number of cases of coronavirus infection in the UK has exceeded 4 million people. More than 44 million people have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

The name “delta” was given to a strain of coronavirus that was detected in India in October last year. Since then, it has spread all over the world, including in Russia.

At the end of June, the Indian authorities reported on the spread of a new variant of the Indian strain, which was named “delta plus”. According to the Ministry of Health of India, the mutation “delta plus” is more contagious and is more capable of affecting lung cells.

Alexander Ginzburg, director of the Gamalei Russian Center for Epidemiology and Microbiology, where the Sputnik V vaccine was developed, also warned that the Indian strain of coronavirus and its mutations can become resistant to antibodies when they enter cells. “The Indian strain is dangerous. <...It does not destroy cells, but spreads by moving from one cell to another..."it becomes very resistant to the antibodies that circulate in the blood, this is its trick," explained Ginzburg.

Источник rbc.ru

The British military command went into self-isolation due to the COV outbreak

Seven people were forcibly transferred to quarantine, including the country’s Defense Minister Ben Wallace. All of them were in contact with the sick COVID-19 chief of the British defense staff

 The British military command went into self-isolation due to the COV outbreak

Nick Carter

British Defense Minister Ben Wallace and six high-ranking military personnel went into self-isolation after the coronavirus was detected in the 62-year-old chief of the British defense staff, Nick Carter. This is reported by The Telegraph with reference to the ministry.

As The Guardian notes, Carter’s colleagues who met with him last week were isolated. The British Ministry of Defense clarified that the chief of staff received a positive test for COVID-19 during a routine check of employees. Those who have left for self-isolation will continue to work remotely.

According to The Telegraph, the heads of the Navy, the British Air Force and the country’s Strategic Command were transferred to quarantine. Sources of the publication indicated that they were at the same meeting with Carter, but kept their distance from him.

According to the latest data from the British Ministry of Health, more than 4 million people infected with coronavirus have been identified in the country. More than 44 million people have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

On June 26, the WHO named the United Kingdom among the European countries where the incidence of coronavirus infection is growing. “Now there is an increase in cases of [coronavirus infection] in three countries: the Russian Federation, Great Britain and Portugal,” said the representative of the organization Melita Vujinovich.

The British authorities noted that young Britons who have not yet had time to get vaccinated are most often infected. The situation is worsened by the spread of a new delta variant of coronavirus in the country. According to the head of the Ministry of Health, Matt Hancock, it accounts for up to 91% of new cases.

Источник rbc.ru

NYT learned the purpose of the US airstrike in Iraq

According to the newspaper, the target of the airstrike was a base that pro-Iranian forces used to launch drones that attacked the US military and CIA employees

 NYT learned the target of the US airstrike in Iraq

One of the targets of the US airstrikes carried out on the night of June 28 was a base in Iraq that was used to launch unmanned aerial vehicles that attacked the US military. This is reported by The New York Times (NYT), citing sources in the administration of the American president.

According to the newspaper, in recent months, pro-Iranian armed groups in Iraq have begun to actively use drones, with which they are supposed to have been supplied from Tehran. The devices were used for attacks against American military instructors, whose number in Iraq is about 2.5 thousand people, as well as CIA employees, the publication claims.

The airstrike on the base was aimed at depriving the militants of such an opportunity, although, according to NYT sources, the White House understands that this will not stop the pro-Iranian formations for a long time.

The other two targets that were hit were located on the territory of Syria. According to the newspaper, they were used mainly as warehouses. According to the White House estimates, there were few people at all three sites.

According to the NYT, the airstrikes were carried out by F-16 and F-15E aircraft of the Air Force. Fighter-bombers dropped several laser-guided bombs.

The Pentagon announced that airstrikes were carried out on targets of Iranian-backed groups stationed in the border area of Iraq and Syria on the night of June 28. US Defense Ministry spokesman John Kirby said that the corresponding instruction was given by US President Joe Biden. “The strikes were necessary to eliminate the threat and had a proper limitation on the scale,” he added.

Pentagon spokeswoman Jessica McNulty said that the United States has notified other countries about the airstrikes. If Russia was informed, it did not specify.

According to local media reports, a child was killed in a strike in Syria, and three more civilians were injured. Residential buildings were also damaged.

Источник rbc.ru

Lavrov said about the double standards on the part of the United States after the summit in Geneva

The statements of American officials after the meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Joe Biden differed from the conclusions reached by the parties during the meeting in Geneva. This was stated by Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in his article “On Law, rights and rules”. The article is published on the website of the journal “Russia in Global Politics”.

According to Lavrov, at the meeting, Putin said that the result in all areas of cooperation is possible only through a balance of interests and on an equal basis. Biden did not object to this approach, the minister noted.

“However, almost immediately after their completion, American officials, including the participants of the Geneva meeting, began aggressively broadcasting the previous installations: they say, we have indicated to Moscow, warned, put forward demands,” Lavrov pointed out.

According to the head of the Foreign Ministry, warnings from the United States are accompanied by threats of new pressure in case of rejection of the “rules of the game” set out in Geneva.

Putin and Biden met in Geneva on June 16. The meeting lasted about four hours. Following the meeting, the two heads of state adopted a statement. In it, they reaffirmed their commitment to the principles of preventing nuclear conflict.

Biden described the atmosphere of the summit as “good and positive”, noting that Putin does not want a “cold war”. At the same time, the American president threatened retaliatory measures in the event of cyber attacks, which, according to Washington, are committed with the participation of Moscow.

Putin noted that at the meeting, the parties agreed to return the ambassadors of the two countries, who were recalled for consultations in the spring. In addition, both countries agreed to resolve the issue of prisoners of citizens of both countries who are currently in American and Russian prisons.

Источник rbc.ru

The US launched airstrikes against pro-Iranian forces on the border of Iraq and Syria

The US Air Force has carried out airstrikes against targets of Iranian-backed groups stationed in the border area of Iraq and Syria. This was announced by Pentagon press Secretary John Kirby.

According to him, the corresponding instruction was given by US President Joe Biden. “Given the ongoing series of attacks by Iranian-backed groups on American interests in Iraq, the president has ordered further military actions to disrupt and prevent such attacks,” the press secretary said.

Kirby noted that the United States, carrying out airstrikes, acted in accordance with its right to self-defense. “The strikes were necessary to eliminate the threat and had a proper limitation on the scale,” he added.

The material is supplemented

Источник rbc.ru

The Ukrainian authorities have threatened to take the land from the Russians

Deputy Minister of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine Taras Vysotsky said on the TV channel ” Dom ” that transactions on the acquisition of Ukrainian land by Russians will be monitored. If such transactions are executed, the land will be confiscated.

Answering the question whether there are risks in which residents of the self-proclaimed Luhansk and Donetsk People’s Republics, Crimea, as well as Russian citizens will be able to buy land on the territory of Ukraine, the official said: “There are restrictions in the law, there is a ban on the purchase of land by the aggressor and terrorist organizations.”

” If they somehow try to circumvent the law, we will track transactions through Ukrainians.” The state, the SBU and the Derzhgeokadastr. And in the case of fixing such a fact, there is an opportunity to simply take this land, ” Vysotsky said.

The material is supplemented

Источник rbc.ru

WP learned about the accusation of Russia in the “directed energy”attacks

American intelligence believes that Russia is behind the acoustic attacks and attacks using “directed energy”. This is reported by the Washington Post with reference to unnamed representatives of the US intelligence community.

The newspaper recalled several cases of acoustic attacks on American diplomats, including incidents in Cuba. “After reports of similar cases in China, Russia and even in the United States, American intelligence officials now claim that Russia is responsible for attacks with the possible use of microwaves or other forms of directed energy,” the publication says.

A senior US administration official told the publication that against the background of new stages of investigations, ” we must make sure that we understand everything correctly.”

The material is supplemented

Источник rbc.ru

The ambassador announced the termination of issuing visas in Russia for trips to the United States

The US Embassy in Moscow will not be able to provide consular services after August 1 due to a shortage of staff. This was announced by the American Ambassador to Russia John Sullivan in an interview with the TV channel “Rain”.

“After August 1, we will have very few people working here, which is why we will not be able to provide consular services, which, as I know, both Americans and Russians need,” he said.

According to him, this is not just an obstacle in terms of relations between the United States and Russia. “This entails serious personal consequences for families, as well as commercial consequences for businesses, both American and Russian,” the diplomat added.

Sullivan stressed that due to the reduction in the number of employees, the consular services are “unable to process at least some visa applications”.

The material is supplemented

Источник rbc.ru

The Czech President explained his position on the versions of the explosions in Vrbetice

In In the Czech Republic, there were several versions of what caused the explosions in Vrbetice. According to the president, he does not rule out that Russian special services could have been involved in them, but considers it necessary to study all versions

The President of the Czech Republic explained his position on the versions of the explosions in Vrbetice

Ammunition depot in Vrbetice

Czech President Milos Zeman said that he has not changed his position on the investigation of the explosions in Vrbetice in 2014 and considers it necessary to consider several versions of what happened. He said this in an interview with CNN Prima News.

“I do not exclude at all that the version about the involvement of Russian agents may be true, I only doubt that it is the only one,” Zeman said.

He explained his position by the fact that earlier there were three different versions of what happened in Vrbetice. First, the investigation of the two explosions led to the conclusion, and this is the first investigative version, that they occurred due to unprofessional handling of ammunition during their unloading, the president recalled. The second version was voiced by the Minister of Justice MariaBeneshova. She said that someone could have arranged the explosions to hide the shortage of stored shells, the president continued. The third version was proposed by a lawyer of the Imex firm, which rented warehouses where the explosions occurred. The lawyer said that the explosion could hide the fact of theft of weapons, Zeman said. “So I say, for God’s sake, study everything,” he said.

In response, the presenter noted that Beneshova has changed her position and now believes that Russia could have been involved in the explosions. “I, unlike Maria Beneshova, have not changed my opinion and have already said why,” Zeman replied. He added that so far there is no evidence that Russian agents entered the territory of the warehouses.

In mid-April, the Czech authorities said that Russian special services could have been involved in the explosions in Vrbetice, and announced the expulsion of 18 Russian diplomats. At the same time, the Czech police put on the wanted list the alleged employees of the Main Directorate of the General Staff (former GRU) Alexander Petrov and Ruslan Boshirov. According to her, in October 2014, they came to the Czech Republic and visited the Zlinsky region, where Vrbetica is located.

In the UK, Petrov and Boshirov were suspected of involvement in the poisoning of former GRU Colonel Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury in 2014. In a joint investigation by The Insider and Bellingcat, it was claimed that the real names of the Russians are Anatoly Chepiga and Alexander Mishkin. Petrov and Boshirov denied these accusations and said that they visited Salisbury as tourists. The Russian authorities have repeatedly denied involvement in the incident with the Skripals.

The Czech Republic’s accusations against Russia caused a diplomatic scandal. The Russian Foreign Ministry called these accusations absurd and announced the retaliatory expulsion of 20 Czech diplomats. In addition, the government has included the Czech Republic in the list of unfriendly countries, which restricts the republic’s diplomatic missions the opportunity to hire Russians.

Источник rbc.ru

Ukraine has stopped seeing Kirkorov as a threat to national security

The Ministry of Culture of Ukraine has excluded Kirkorov from the black list, the participants of which are prohibited from entering the country. Earlier, the singer said that the decision was made not against him, but “against Russia, the hatred for which is overwhelming”

Ukraine has stopped seeing Kirkorov as a threat to national security

Philip Kirkorov

The Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine has excluded the Russian singer Filip Kirkorov from the list of persons threatening the national security of Ukraine.

The order to include the performer in this list was dated June 22.The Security Service of Ukraine has applied to the Ministry of Culture with a corresponding statement. The department did not explain the reasons why Kirkorov was included in the “black list”. Now the agency has recognized its order as invalid.

Kirkorov did not respond to calls from RBC.

After getting on the list, the singer recorded a video message on Instagram. “Blacklisting a People’s Artist of Ukraine” already sounds like an absurdity, ” Kirkorov said. According to him, the decision of the Ministry of Culture was not against him, but “against Russia, the hatred for which is overwhelming”. “If Kirkorov becomes a threat to the state, then the state can only be pitied,” the singer said.

Now there are 200 people on the black list of the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine. Among them are actors Sergey Bezrukov, Fyodor Bondarchuk, Mikhail Boyarsky, actresses Alice Freundlich and Vera Alentova, singers Nadezhda Babkina and Larisa Dolina and singer Oleg Gazmanov.

Getting into this list means that the State Cinema of Ukraine will prohibit the distribution and screening of films if someone from the list participants participated in its creation. Also, cultural figures who were included in the list are prohibited from entering Ukraine.

Источник rbc.ru